Thursday, May 8, 2014

Day 149 - Coming Back to Teach Kindergarten

Today's post is from Shirley Hills Kindergarten Teacher Aaron Thorpe
Going to school in the Westonka district was an amazing experience and one that heavily influenced my decision to become a teacher. Throughout my schooling career, teachers always challenged me, wanted the very best for me, and got me excited about various topics and learning in general. Many of my teachers, from elementary school all the way to high school, were excellent mentors and role models and made me want to become a teacher.

I feel so lucky to be a teacher in this innovative district! To be able to come to work everyday and be part of a community that truly takes such good care of each other and works together to ensure students get the most out of their schooling experience is pretty incredible. I used to think that my teachers seemed to really love what they did and had such a strong sense of pride in regard to their district. This was so cool to me and I always knew that I wanted to be part of something similar. Now here I am, teaching in the best district in the world, feeling a strong sense of White Hawk pride every time I walk into my school! I never thought I would be teaching in the Westonka district and now that I am, I hope to always be part of the great things that happen at Westonka everyday.


Aaron and his class of Kindergartners

If you have a story that you would like to share, please email mwhspride@277apps.org for more information! We would love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment