Monday, May 19, 2014

Day 156 - Proud to be a Moundite from California

Today's post is from actor Kevin Sorbo

I grew up in one of the most amazing places in the world. Mound, Minnesota! Yep. Little Mound. Home to Tonka Toys, Lake Minnetonka and the friendliest people on the planet! 


My memories, my youth, my friends are all wrapped up in that little town snuggled outside the Twin Cities in between lakes, trees, and winding roads. It was Mound that made me the person I am today. School, sports, seasons that sprout a marathon of memories with each passing season. My first kiss, my first touchdown, my first everything happened right there in Mound. I return every summer (I don't miss the winters that much) to hang with old friends and travel to old haunts and relive my glory days. 

I am the 4th of five kids and we all went through the same school system: Hilltop, Grandview and Mound-Westonka. I may have traveled the world since I left the halls of MWHS, but I will always "Remember Red and White!"

Oh, one more thing.....it will ALWAYS be Mohawks to me!!

Kevin Sorbo

If you have a story that you would like to share, please email mwhspride@277apps.org for more information! We would love to hear from you!

7 comments:

  1. Pride beams from his soul, all should be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's right! Mohawks. We're you in the old high school?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said Mr. Sorbo, like you, I could have written an identical list of memories. But my class was the last of the Mohicans!

    Mohawks always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And now two of my granddaughters go to Mound! One will be in the high school next year!! Whoa!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was fun to share some of those days with you in high school and church, Sorbs. Keep up the great work you're doing! God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haystacks hog roast party ~!~

    ReplyDelete