Thursday, April 10, 2014

Day 129 - Hard Work Pays Off!

Today's post is from 8th grader Philipp Weltin

When my Spanish teacher Mr Bormann said that we were going to have a semester Spanish final, I was worried and scared. I knew that I had to do a lot of studying. Every night I studied hard for about 30 minutes and crammed as much information as I could onto a note card. I also went and got help from Mr Bormann and that's when I realized that this is the most I have ever studied for a test! 

A week before I stopped studying because I was so busy with hockey. I started to forget some important information and was starting to become nervous. Then with all the out of school distractions, I woke up one Friday and realized that I had a test on that day! During breakfast I was nervous so I reviewed my flashcards. All during the first part of my day my mind was on the big test. I even studied 2 minutes before the final! 

I was super scared to find out what my grade was on the next day of school. It was all that I could think about. When I finally got my test back I couldn't look at it. When I finally did, I was relieved. I only got 1 out of 75 wrong! My hard work finally paid off! It made my proud of how hard I studied!
Philipp and His Hockey Team

If you have a story that you would like to share, please email mwhspride@277apps.org for more information! We would love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment