Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Day 107 - Pride in Substitute Teaching at MWHS

Today's post is from parent and substitute teacher Tracy Sterne


Merriam-Webster defines “substitute” as:  “A person or thing that takes the place or function of another.” I am often asked why I like being a substitute teacher.  My answer is the same today as it was when I first started “subbing” 7 years ago – “Because I love it!”  I can think of nothing better than to come to a job where you are surrounded by an amazing group of young people. Mound Westonka High School is rich with students who take pride in their school and the academic work they put forth.  On any given day, I am constantly impressed by the character and integrity our students display.  Whether it’s a warm greeting upon entering the classroom, willingness to help fellow students, or using time wisely and respecting the class time given to participate and work – Mound Westonka High School students shine!

I am so proud to not only be a parent of two MWHS students, but to have the opportunity to come to a place of greatness and call it “my job”.  Students of Mound Westonka High School, you have a good thing going here!  Thank you for letting me be a part of it!


The Sterne Family

If you have a story that you would like to share, please email mwhspride@277apps.org for more information! We would love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment