Friday, January 31, 2014

Day 88 - MWHS Staff Cares A Lot!

Today's post is from 2011 grad Hannah Larson

I have found that the staff of MWHS is some of the most caring and supportive people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. From the office team always saying good morning or the lunch ladies giving you a lunch even if you forgot your lunch money. Your teachers coming in early and staying late to give you extra help whenever you needed it, and your coaches offering advice on and off the court. Out in the real world, away from Sunnyfield Road, there are not as many people who genuinely care as much as those at MWHS do.

I was so very spoiled growing up in the Westonka district. I was able to play just about every sport possible and join any and every club that was offered. I was lead by unbelievable and supportive mentors and was given the opportunity to become a leader myself. Whether on a team, part of a group, or in a club, I was encouraged and supported 100%.

The love and assistance I received stayed with me even after I had left MWHS. I remember multiple papers that I emailed to past teachers. Without their help I would never have done as well as I did. There have been a few teachers that have made an effort to stay in touch with me and the happenings in my life. Even recently, teachers that I had in elementary school have helped me in my endeavors of becoming a teacher myself.

The MWHS staff is truly an inspirational group. They are kind, they genuinely care about their students and they go above and beyond their teacherly duties to insure that their students succeed. It is no question why MWHS’s test scores are so high and our many clubs and teams have so many accomplishments.

Without the support of the MWHS staff I wouldn’t be who or where I am today. I owe a lot to them; a big thank you especially. I am grateful to have graduated from MWHS and I am proud to be a White Hawk.


Hannah, Julia, Sue Harrison, Krista & Emma

Val, Ms. Lolich, Megan, Hannah & Kaitlyn

Hannah & Ms. Simonson

If you have a story that you would like to share, please email mwhspride@277apps.org for more information! We would love to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment