Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Day 56 - Youth Leader Expresses his Pride!

Today's post is from Sam Grosso, Youth Pastor at River Valley Church

First off, I am so honored to have the opportunity of adding my thoughts and experiences to this incredible blog, and I am so proud of Alex Riffle and all those involved in this unique and inspiring project. For those of you without any idea as to who I am or why I am writing on the BlogSpot of a high scool I never had the opportunity of attending; let me give you a quick background.

I was able to join this amazing community here on the lake through a crazy series of events that landed me a job offer at a local church in the area, River Valley Church (rivervalley.org). So, in the summer of 2012, I came on as a brand new youth pastor to a community that was entirely foreign to me.

But, from the moment I began working (and living) in the area; the community has been a complete blessing to my life and a joy to be a part of. I have continually been amazed by the countless people I have met and the insatiable spirit of the Mound/Minnetrista area. Including the astounding relationships I now have with so many phenomenal high school students who regularly attend our weekly youth services at River Valley Church. I have seen it specifically lived out in those that attend or work at Mound Westonka High School. Without fail, I have repeatedly been welcomed into many different facets of this unique High School. Examples include attending the hyperactive school lunches, the spirited sporting events, the emotional see you at the pole gatherings, the enthusiastic and creative plays/concerts, the heartfelt graduation ceremonies, and the inspirational student-led bible studies. And through all of these sensational experiences I have received my own personal understanding of what MWHS pride is all about; to not simply develop students through quality academics, but to raise up young people to be individuals who will are leaders in their homes, churches, marketplace, and in their personal lives.

So in closing, I can't express enough what an honor it has been to partner with so many faculty and students, and to receive my own dose of the insane spirit that accompanies MWHS! I truly believe that the best is yet to come for the faculty, students, and leaders of this great High School.

Sam and MWHS Students

No comments:

Post a Comment