Friday, November 22, 2013

Day 54 - What Makes Me Proud to be a White Hawk

Today's post is from senior Callie Haakana 

Having been a student at Mound Westonka for 12 years, there are lots of things I take pride in. Our fan base is probably the most I take pride in. During sporting events, everybody is always cheering for the White Hawks even if we are losing by a significant number. Everyone is always peppy and talks with high remarks of Mound Westonka. 


When substitute teachers come into Westonka they always leave with good comments and wanting to come back after teaching for the day. That's what I take my pride in; knowing that we have an awesome student body that leaves adult talking with high remarks of us.

Another thing that makes me proud to be a White Hawk is how welcoming our student body is to new students and visitors. We have a good program for new students that makes them feel welcome to our school. It's not just our student body, but our teachers as well. Our staff is welcoming and kind to each student and that makes me proud to go to Westonka.

The last thing that makes me proud to be a White Hawk is our school spirit. Everyone walks the halls with their school spirit and joy of being a student at Mound Westonka. During our ups and downs everyone will still stand tall and represent Mound Westonka. All those reasons are why I'm most proud to be a White Hawk!


Macie & Callie

No comments:

Post a Comment