Friday, November 1, 2013

Day 41 - Proud to be a Student at MWHS

Today's post is from Jake Tapper, freshmen at MWHS

When I moved to Mound in 4th grade I was nervous about my new school. Knowing that Shirley Hills was a blue ribbon school reassured me about my first year at Westonka. All of the staff and students including my teacher Mrs. Henkels were all very friendly and inviting. 


Now that I’m at the high school the teachers and staff are still very good at what they do. In my experience they teach their curriculums very well and in a way that makes sense. This shows by Westonka’s MCA test scores. Westonka also has a lot of elective choices that I enjoy. 

One of my favorite memories from school was the Future Cities class in 7th grade. We had to design a city that was energy efficient and unique. Our city was called Cidade do Vulcao which means Volcano City in Spanish. Our city was built next to a very big volcano that acted as our energy source. Our groups city was won our class competition and competed at a regional level.  We made a model of our city using chicken wire, plaster, and water bottles along with other household materials. 

Overall I think Westonka is a very good School District and I am proud to a student at MWHS.



1 comment:

  1. I'm so very proud of my cousin Jake. I cant believe your already in high school and doing a great job at that. I love you bro ♥

    ReplyDelete