Thursday, September 19, 2013

Day 13 - You can't take Westonka out of a White Hawk!

Today's post is from Aaron Leschisin, 10th grade student at MWHS

There are many reasons why I am proud to be a student at Mound Westonka High School. One of these reason mainly has to do with my peers. They are always motivated, and thrive to succeed in school. My peers are dedicated to their education and their activities. This helps motivate me, it gives me initiative to want to learn and succeed. 


Another reason I’m proud is even though we may not be the biggest school in Minnesota we definitely make ourselves present - not only in test scores, but also in spirit. Think about our school’s involvement in Celebrate My Drive last year. Our community came together and participated in such a committed way. 


Our students are always thrilled for school events and fundraisers; we always try our best and never give up. Plus, our school is very inviting, everyone takes the time to get to know each other and make sure everyone feels involved. Being in such a positive environment gives me confidence. You can take a White Hawk out of Westonka, but you can’t take Westonka out of a White Hawk. These are some of the reasons why I, Aaron Leschisin, am proud to be a student at Mound Westonka High School!



MWHS Students at Celebrate My Drive - September 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment