Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Day 113 - A-Honor Roll Pride

Today's post is from 8th grader Samantha Eidsness 

This year I have had pride in many of my achievements in school. One of these moments was when I made the A-Honor Roll for first semester. I had pride in this moment because I had worked hard to get to this point and it was rewarding. Also getting on the A-Honor Roll the first semester was a good way for me to start out my 5 years at the high school and will encourage me to continue to do my best. 

Getting all A’s required me to do my best in all my classes and get help when I needed it. It wouldn’t have been possible if I hadn’t turned in all my assignments on time and studied for all my tests and quizzes. At some points in the semester I did not have A’s in all my classes so it was my responsibility to bring my grades back up. This wasn’t always easy because in some classes, such as art, there were not many assignments put into the gradebook. This meant that I had to do my best on each and every project to bring my B up to an A. In other classes I would have to talk to the teacher to see if there was any extra credit opportunities or any other way to raise my grade. English was one of these classes. I went to Mrs. Wallace to ask what I could do to get an A and she said that before the end of the semester there would be multiple extra credit assignments that would be more than enough to get my A. 

Not only did I get on the A-Honor Roll but I am also in many advanced courses such as English, Global Studies, and Geometry. I set a goal at the beginning of the year to make A-Honor Roll and I achieved this goal!  I want to keep it up and also make second semester A-Honor Roll. To reach this goal I will have to continue to do my best, work hard, and get help when I need it. 


Samantha

If you have a story that you would like to share, please email mwhspride@277apps.org for more information! We would love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment