Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Day 112 - MWHS Student Wins "Youth Art Month" Best in Show!

Today's post is from MWHS Art Teacher Laura Hensley

Seniors Lily Frenette & Carly Koch each had artworks chosen to represent Mound Westonka High School in the Youth Art Month Student Exhibition presented by Art Educators of Minnesota. K-12 Art Teachers in the state of Minnesota can submit two pieces to be included in the Youth Art Month exhibit. I am thrilled to announce that Carly Koch won the “Best in Show” award and she and I have won a trip to New York City this summer where we will join a select group of other state’s high school Youth Art Month “Best In Show” award winners and their art teachers!

"It's hard for me to believe that my art got chosen as 'Best In Show'; it's so nice that all of my hard work is paying off," said senior Carly Koch. "It's an amazing opportunity and I'm really excited for the trip - I've never been to New York City before!"
 

"I'm so incredibly proud of the work our students are creating and I couldn't be happier that Carly's work was recognized in such a prestigious way," said Art teacher Laura Hensley.  "I can't think of a more deserving student and I'm so excited to share this experience with her!"

The Youth Art Month Student Exhibition is up at the Hopkins Center for the Arts for the month of March - be sure to go check it out! 

Carly Koch's "My Artistic Lens" -- Best in Show!

Lily Frenette's "I Keep Having Dreams"

Carly and Laura & Ada Hensley at the Opening Reception

If you have a story that you would like to share, please email mwhspride@277apps.org for more information! We would love to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment