Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Day 102 - 100 days of 8th grade

Today's post is from 8th grader Zach Riffle

Hey this is Zach just letting you know I'm still alive surprisingly, and have made it through the first half of my 8th grade year. I’ve come a long way since my first post on the second day of school. I’ve gone through the good and bad of high school. I have had good days where I have received extra fries at lunch from the lunch ladies. I’ve also had bad days where I lost the only pencil I had. Overall my first months here at the high school have gone well with only a few rough days.

I’m especially excited about this year because it is my first year in the high school. Even though I have 4 long years ahead of me, I’m looking forward to the memories I will make here. I have already made memories at the high school such as falling down too many stairs to count, managing to break a tuba, and having five day weeks not be the norm. But the most important memories come from my learning experiences. I have learned so much here at the high school, and I have got so much support.

I'm convinced you won’t meet one person that won’t help you at the high school. Even though classes are tough I know it can only get better from here. I'm proud to be a White Hawk not only because of the things I learn and the classes I'm in, but I'm also proud of our other activities offered at the high school. I have witnessed a lot of remarkable events that happen that make me proud to be a part of this school...like when the White Hawks football team beat the Waconia football team in the fall. I also think it's cool to have a chromebook to use every day. I am more than proud to be a White Hawk and I'm looking forward for my memories to come. 

Soccer Season
Zach and the 8th grade boys soccer team

If you have a story that you would like to share, please email mwhspride@277apps.org for more information! We would love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment