Monday, February 24, 2014

Day 101 - Senior Perspective of Boys Basketball

Today's post is from senior basketball player Billy Legeros

My name is Billy Legeros and I am a senior at MWHS. I’m proud to go to Mound-Westonka High School and to be a part of the basketball program. I have great pride in the fan support that we had this season for our basketball games. Playing in front of a big crowd with loud students is an unbelievable feeling. The student sections those first couple of games meant everything to me and my teammates. Playing in front of fans that are loud and cheer for you and getting into the game make it that much more enjoyable for the players.

The fans make us play better as well as give us a ton of energy and make us play our best. Even things like sportsmanship on twitter with our fans and opposing players really matters to us because it shows that they care about the basketball program. I have a lot of pride in being part of a change here at Mound especially for the basketball program. Increasing student sections and fan support is a bigger part of winning than people might think. I am proud that I am a part of the change of our culture within our team. Playing unselfish basketball and working hard is what we are trying to become and I wouldn't want to do it anywhere else but here with my teammates.

I seriously cannot thank the dedicated fans enough for supporting our team every game through the long winter season. I also thank all the students who made those first few games an unforgettable experience and for some of the most fun I have ever had in my years of basketball. I am proud to be a part of this school and this program and I cannot thank the students enough.

Mark, Ryan Derek, David, Tynan, Billy, Sam & Mitch

If you have a story that you would like to share, please email mwhspride@277apps.org for more information! We would love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment