Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Day 79 - To be an exchange student is a great thing at MWHS!

Today's post is from German foreign exchange student Vincent Rominger

I’m so thankful for all the teachers from Mound Westonka. You are so awesome! I can not believe that already five months are over. I still know how it was when I first came here. I think that the scariest thing of being an exchange student is the first days in school. You always worry about your English and if you can communicate with people. To be an exchange student is a great thing! After the past five months, I'm so happy that I said "yes" to being an foreign exchange student this year. At the beginning I really didn't know if I want to be an exchange student this year because it doesn't count for me back in my home country, and I have to retake this year. But I learned so many cool things in the past months that I can be proud of about Mound Westonka High School. 


It was so exciting to see our football team get a win this fall. We killed it, and I will never forget how everybody stormed the field at the homecoming game. I played soccer this fall, and it was also great to get so many pictures and other stuff at the Soccer banquet. After we had an awesome season, we also experienced an awesome Homecoming week that included a lot of toilet paper.  

The most amazing thing that happened for me...happened this weekend. I got first place in Public Speaking in the District DECA competition at Minnetonka High School. I'm so thankful that Mrs. Lolich asked me to join DECA; Mr Lee helped me with my speech; and Mrs. Simonson asked me write to write an article for this blog. It was an incredible feeling when Willie Maahs said "and in first place Vincent Rominter!" Now I am excited to go to the DECA state competition!  

I really like the life in America -- although its so different than my life in my home country of Germany. Mound is a beautiful city, and I'm so happy that I came to Minnesota. I'm really thankful to the people who helped me to start at MWHS and make my first few days go so well. As an exchange student I'm so proud to go to Mound Westonka High School.  I've collected many incredible experiences which I will never forget in my life. I thank my soccer team for the incredible season. I thank all my friends for making our experience in basketball so memorable. I'm proud to be a White Hawk!

Vincent winning first place at DECA District Public Speaking Competition

If you have a story that you would like to share, please email mwhspride@277apps.org for more information! We would love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment