Thursday, December 19, 2013

Day 71 - Committed and Proud Senate Member

Today's post is from senior Mackenzie Strehle

Ask anyone in our school to describe me in one word, and I bet you a lot of them would describe me as being incredibly “involved”. From the three sports I compete in, to National Honor Society to Link Crew, it’s pretty safe to say that I keep myself busy around the school. Although I am involved in a number of extracurriculars, the one activity that has had a truly profound impact on me during my high school career is Student Senate.

I first ran for a position on Senate during the spring of my eighth grade year, and I was lucky enough to be voted as one of our class representatives for the school the following year. I went into my freshman year unsure of what to expect as a newly elected Senate member, but I was quickly welcomed into the group and promptly put to work.

I spent the next few years on Senate working diligently, and I soon discovered the huge impact that I could actually make in both our school and community. I was given the opportunity to work with so many incredible people, from teachers to administrators to community members, and I have since developed a sincere passion for giving back and supporting our school.

I see commitment and pride in our school every day through the amazing people I get to work with as a Senate member. It is so inspiring to see such a huge group of people committed to our students and staff, and I am so incredibly lucky to be a part of such a passionate group. I would not be the person I am today without my experiences on Student Senate, and I know I will continue to be impacted by the people I’ve met and the lessons I’ve learned throughout the rest of my life.

Student Senate Officers: Abe, Alex, Mackenzie and Willie

If you have a story that you would like to share, please email mwhspride@277apps.org for more information! We would love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment