Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Day 43 - What it's Like to be a Mound Westonka White Hawk

Today's post is from sophomore Holton Stricklen

I could sit here and tell you what my daily life is as a Mound Westonka White Hawk, but instead I'm going to tell you about my past. My name is Holton Stricklen, and I am early into my sopohmore year. Born and raised in Mound, I changed schools twice in my school career. In the first grade my parents had the option to have me attend the Blake School System.  I did that and then came back to Mound the year after. 

I changed again in 7th grade into Edina, and once again I came back the following year. Being in those two schools wasn't anything like Mound Westonka. I clearly remember in Edina a teacher having to ask me what my name was almost every other day. With the big school it was hard to find your way around.  We have a small school with big school opportunities. Having small class sizes, teachers get to know you, teachers actually care how you plan on living the rest of your life, and they want to help you succeed. There isn't a better feeling than walking into a class and being able to know that they want to help you. 

Playing sports is something I balance in my daily life.  The bonds, relationships and friendships you make are priceless. I will never forget this past hockey season. Unfortunately, this fall I decided to not play football for an opportunity to play hockey and be coached by very good coaches. I have had fun playing football in the past and still have the friends I made while playing. I enjoy coming to school to see all my friends every day. I hope this describes how I feel and what it is like to be a Mound Westonka White Hawk. This is my MWHS Pride!

Wilson & Holton



No comments:

Post a Comment