Thursday, October 24, 2013

Day 35 - Birds of a Feather Flock Together

Today's post is from Kristin Wallace, English teacher at MWHS

There are thousands of reasons I am proud to be a White Hawk, but one that tops my list is working with the amazing educators I get to call colleagues, mentors and friends. The teaching staff at MWHS is second to none and being apart of this flock of White Hawks makes me incredibly proud.

No where is this pride more apparent to me than through the recent technology initiatives at MWHS. As a member of the Technology Integration and Learning Team (TILT), I have the opportunity to work with staff members from all content areas as they integrate technology and 21st century skills into the classroom.

Change is always challenging, but what I love about our staff is they embrace change with an open mind. They are passionately reinventing their assessments, lessons and teaching methods. They spend their evenings, summers and weekends learning from other educators and themselves, because they want to improve student learning. They aren’t satisfied with good and push themselves to be great.

I am proud to be part of this flock of compassionate and dedicated teachers. We support each other, we learn from each other and we inspire each other. They make me the best teacher I can be and MWHS the best place to work.


Kristin & Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment