Friday, October 4, 2013

Day 24 - Football Captain speaks about MWHS Pride

Today's post is from senior football captain Ryder Schmidt

There are many reasons why I am proud to be a Mound Westonka White Hawk.  All of which make me proud to walk the halls at our high school everyday.

The biggest reason why I’m proud to be a White Hawk is because of the people here. From the teachers to the students to the coaches, all of them are awesome! The people in the building are always willing to help and lend a hand.  The coaches are some of the best people around. 
The students are respectful, and everyone I see always has a smile on their face. I have learned more life lessons and skills for the outside world from these people, especially my coaches, than you would believe.

I am proud to be a White Hawk because of the athletics and school spirit. We have some of the best teams in the state when it comes to sports, sending multiple teams and individuals to state each year along with their fans.  In football, where we are not the best in the state, we still get a very good fan base. It means the world to me to see the hundreds of fans in Haddorf when I take the field on Friday nights. The fans and athletes at MWHS make me proud to say that I am a part of White Hawk athletics family.

I am also proud to be a White Hawk because of the academics at MWHS. Every year the students here produce some of the highest test scores in the state. Our school has the reputation of producing great students. It makes me proud to write down on my applications that I am from Mound Westonka High School.

Being a White Hawk is great for many different reasons, from the academics to the athletics to the community. I am proud to say that I am a WHITE HAWK!


Bryan, David and Ryder 

No comments:

Post a Comment