Monday, September 16, 2013

Day 10 - A New Beginning

Today's post is written by Dacoyta Camp, a sophomore at MWHS

All my life through grade school to middle school I was always kind of alone. It was hard to make new friends all the time. When things got good something changed. 


I'll be honest, at first I wasn't thrilled to move to Mound and go to MWHS, but now I see it was the best thing to ever happen to me! On the first day of school I knew no one but within 20 minutes of walking through the front door I had made five friends. I was immediately accepted. A few days later I joined football. It was an unreal feeling to be honest. It opened up new doors for me. I made more friends there and was encouraged by students and staff to play other sports. 


Not only were the people at MWHS incredibly accepting and kind but the academics were first class! In all my life school had been simple and boring, but here I found a challenge and I loved it and still love it! And all these controversies here are just dumb. The people are amazing, the spirit is amazing, and the academics are amazing. So all I have to say is that MWHS was my light, and I hope someone out there gets the same opportunity I did.



Josh & Dacoyta

No comments:

Post a Comment