Friday, September 6, 2013

Day 4 -- Friday Night Lights

Today's post is from Michael Abegglen, junior at MWHS

I am a junior at Mound Westonka High School and I am proud to call myself a White Hawk! Today I was walking through the halls of MWHS and couldn’t help but notice all the brand new football jerseys scattered throughout the halls. You could just feel the energy and excitement carried by all the members of the team and I couldn’t help but feel excited for them. 


Everyone knows that Mound Westonka isn’t known as an athletic powerhouse and whether we accept it or not, all of different sport athletes hear that and experience those feelings every game. Although we have those challenges of playing better teams and bigger schools, not one Mound Westonka athlete gives up. The pride and commitment that all athletes give for this school is unmeasurable and tonight when the students and community fill the stands of Haddorff Stadium those guys will be giving everything they have. 

Win or lose tonight I will walk out of that stadium with pride for Mound Westonka and pride for all of our athletic programs. I can’t imagine going to school anywhere else but Mound westonka and that is why I am proud to call myself a White Hawk! #MWHSpride


No comments:

Post a Comment