Monday, September 30, 2013

Day 20 - A Senior Who Open Enrolls

Today's blog post is from senior Cassi Behrendt

It is senior year and only the building itself has changed. I walk through the halls and see the same smiling faces from both students and staff. I’m proud to graduate here, and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

The amount of support I have had from students and staff is remarkable. Mound Westonka High School has made my high school career a breeze. It’s been fun with the donations at the spunky academic pep fests, the school spirit on the always anxious homecoming week, and the sad but happy last days where we say goodbye. So much has happened in these years, and when I look back I will gladly say I graduated from this school.

Some people wonder why I come from Glencoe to go to MWHS, and I say because this is where I want to be. Our school's academics, clubs, and even after school help offers so much more than what I could have received elsewhere. I definitely don’t settle for less, and I haven’t yet regretted going to this school. I want to take this time to give thanks. I want to thank Mrs. Erickson for helping me through my first and second year of 8th grade. I needed so much support and that’s exactly what she gave me. Thank you to Mrs. Kampa for taking her time to help me excel. As a guidance counselor for nearly ¼ of the school she never once made me feel like another student. Lastly, I would like to give special thanks for my mom, Char, who works in the Learning Resource Center for getting this job and convincing me to transfer. There are numerous reasons I’m proud to GO to school at MWHS, but I’m most proud of being A PART of the school.

Char and Cassi

No comments:

Post a Comment