Thursday, November 7, 2013

Day 45 - White Hawk Pride

Today's post is from senior Lucas Dussaut

Throughout the Country there are schools littered about, some better than others. Some schools have constant outbreaks of violence and hate that comes as a result of an uneducated and ignorant student body and sometimes staff. When I look at these schools it makes me proud to be a student at MWHS.

MWHS gets top test scores not only in Minnesota but all throughout the country. From elementary school to high school we are consistently in the top tier of Minnesota schools and Minnesota is in the top tier of the country’s educational system. When I see our high test scores it makes me proud to be a student at MWHS.

MWHS is not only an educated school but with that education comes a level of respect for the staff and student body that is unheard of in some parts of Minnesota and most parts of the country. You may hear of a student fight once in a school year but these have always ended without bloodshed. There is absolutely no violence based on race, gender or sexual orientation and it is this level of love and tolerance for the fellow classmate that makes me proud to be a student at MWHS.

I’ve been at this school for four years now and in the district my whole life. Growing up proves to be a challenge to all children but being placed in the right environment can drastically affect the level of stress put down on your shoulders. It is said that it takes a village to raise a child. I couldn’t have asked for a better village to be raised in and it is in that statement that it makes me proud to be a student here at MWHS.

Lucas and Westin

No comments:

Post a Comment