Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Day 22 - A Proud MWHS Alum

Today's post is from Mitch Kern, a 2012 MWHS graduate

It has been two years since I have roamed the halls of Mound Westonka High School but not a single day goes by where I don't think about the people who shaped me into the person I am today. I am a proud Mound Westonka alum.

While in high school, athletics and clubs consumed much of my time outside of my studies. The coaches I was lucky enough to have in baseball and football all had a major impact on the person I have become. The most important aspect I was exposed to in sports was competition. My coaches pushed me to be the best competitor I could be which has translated to the game of life. Competition is all about being the best and athletics has taught me to be the best person, friend, student and worker I can be.

As I alluded to before, clubs also took up a big portion of my time. I take pride in the clubs I was involved with because I was taught a lot by my advisors and fellow club members. My hard work ethic is due in large part to my club advisors that supported me and pushed me to be the best that I could be.

Homecoming week is a week dedicated to pride. It has always been one of my favorite times of the year because of the amount of pride and school spirit everyone expressed. Being part of the football family made homecoming week even more special.The amount of support we received from fellow students and staff was incredible. But what made everything all that more special was the comradery of the team. We were a family and no matter what happened we all had each others backs. My senior year we played every game with the quote, "You mess with one man you got us all, The Boys of Fall", to represent that no matter what happened, we were in it together.

I will never forget the memories I have as a member of MWHS community and the people that helped make them happen!

I take great pride in where I come from. I am proud to be a White Hawk!


Stew, Maggie, Mitch, Kelsea and Mackenzie Kern


No comments:

Post a Comment