Friday, May 16, 2014

Day 155 - Lifelong Impact

Today's post is from senior Zach Altman

For the rest of my life, there is one thing about me that I’m absolutely certain will never change. I will never stop using the skills and life lessons that my DECA advisors Sue Simonson and Stephanie Lolich have taught me. The memories that I have shared with them throughout my entire high school experience have been unforgettable, and I am so beyond thankful to have had the opportunity to be in a school that has such an amazing DECA program that will certainly help me to achieve future success. 


At the beginning of my final year of high school, I had set a specific goal for myself. This goal was to qualify for DECA’s International competition in Atlanta, Georgia as it would be my final opportunity to partake in this incredible event. At the state competition, my goal had been accomplished as my partner Willie Maahs and myself had taken first in our respective event. I was going to Atlanta! Mission accomplished! Well, not quite. Mrs. Lolich and Mrs. Simonson encouraged me to re-adjust my goal that I had made at the beginning of the year and to attempt to go even farther. 

Sure enough, my partner Mark Randklev and myself had done just that and beaten the odds and became international finalists! I never could have imagined this to happen as I had not made this goal for myself at the beginning of the year. Without the help of my amazing advisors, none of this would have ever been possible. There is no doubt in my mind that I will never forget the lessons about life they have taught me. They have positively influenced me in such a way that I’m unsure of how I can possibly thank them. As my senior year comes to a close, it will be very difficult to say goodbye to such incredible people.
Mrs. Lolich & Zach

Mark & Zach after advancing to finals!

If you have a story that you would like to share, please email mwhspride@277apps.org for more information! We would love to hear from you!




No comments:

Post a Comment