Monday, September 23, 2013

Day 15 - Proud to Sing in the MWHS Choir

Today's post is by Rachel Andres, a senior and proud MWHS Concert Choir member

The thing that makes me the most proud to be a part of Mound Westonka High School is being involved in the choir program. I am a soprano in Concert Choir, one of the three choirs we have here at MWHS.

This is my second year in Concert Choir and before that I was in Varsity Choir and before that, the White Hawk Choir. Over the years I have made new friends who enjoy singing like I do. Together we have learned a lot of great music and performed it to many appreciative audiences.

One of the many highlights was last year when we went on tour to New Orleans. We performed on the streets to a completely new audience and saw many other performers, too. We got to experience the culture in a Cajun restaurant and an evening trip on a jazz cruise ship.  We also got to meet kids with a love of music just like us at the exchange concert at a local high school.

Something to get excited for this year is getting accepted to perform at the American Choral Directors Association.  I am proud to be a part of such a great program, and I would like to give a special thanks to our director Kate Larson for being such a dedicated teacher and making all of it possible.

Chloe, Liz, Rachel, Bobbi and Coco

No comments:

Post a Comment